Cayman Connection UK is a network for groups and individuals associated with the Cayman Islands who now live, work or study in the UK.
Cayman Connection UK is supported by the Cayman Islands Government Office and the Cayman Islands Department of Tourism in the UK and works in conjunction with The Friends of Cayman group in the UK.
The Cayman Connection mission is to be a joining platform for Caymanians and those associated with Cayman in the UK.
There are many reasons to get involved with Cayman Connection UK, whether you are a student, professional, ex resident, frequent visitor or simply someone who loves the islands.
Here are just a few…
- Keep in touch with fellow Caymanians and friends associated with the Cayman Islands in Europe
- Keep up to date about current affairs in Cayman
- Be on the invitation list for events and promotions associated with the Cayman Islands in Europe
- Avail of resources offered by the Department of Tourism and the Cayman Islands Government Offices in the UK
- Get involved with London Offices UK’s activities, events and promotions
- Volunteer for fundraising for Caymanian causes in the UK and marketing of Cayman in Europe
- Get involved in radio ads/videos, where someone somewhere might need Cayman accents/characters.
- Student and private sector engagement and networking for potential internships or jobs with Cayman associated firms in the UK or back home
- Multilateral overseas support for Caymanians in the UK and Europe
Former Cayman Islands Government Representative in the UK Jennifer Dilbert lead the London Office from 2001 to 2010. During this time Mrs Dilbert established the Friends of Cayman group and started the student database of Caymanian students in the UK. Mrs Dilbert now assists the group from her residence in the Cayman Islands.
John Owen CMG MBE DL, Chairman of the Friends of Cayman
Former Governor of the Cayman Islands, John Owen knows the importance of building relationships, particularly with the media. Among the roles he served during his diplomatic career is that of Press Attaché at the British Embassy in Iran during the days of the Shah.
Kate Kandiah, Angel Oversees Ltd. London.
Caymanian born Kate now lives in the UK. Kate worked for both the Cayman Islands Government and Department of Tourism in the UK. Kate is now a member of Friends of Cayman and runs a social enterprise business in the UK, Angel Oversees, assisting clients who live overseas with their interests in the UK.
Denison Miller, Cayman Islands Government Office, London
Denison Miller from North Side in Grand Cayman is the Cayman Islands Government Office Acting Deputy Representative in the UK and assists with the management of the network. Denison also assists the Friends of Cayman with meetings and events.